The Gold Souk in Dubai is the world’s biggest gold market, and the greatest jewellery superstore a visitor could possibly wish for.
300 jewellery shops
With 300 jewellery shops, the Gold Souk in Dubai is the world’s biggest gold market and it’s pretty damned close to being the world’s biggest diamond market too.
At every turn is yet another window filled with enough sparkling chains and rings to weigh down even the most muscular rapper.
Not as plush as the rest of Dubai
Ironically, however, it’s one of the few places in Dubai that doesn’t strike as shiny, new and all that rich.
A few shops seem a little run down, while the touts attempting to sell fake watches detract from glitz.
That said, for the magpies amongst us, it’s heaven.
Getting to the Gold Souk in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nearest International Airport: Dubai
Using public transport: The Gold Souk is in Deira – a short taxi ride from the airport, and walking distance from Dubai Creek. If in Bur Dubai, get an abra across the Creek.
More information: Dubai Gold Souk
- Moving site
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Dome, Japan
- The Gold Souk in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- San Marino – the oldest country in the world
- World’s biggest cave – Sarawak Chamber, Malaysia
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital, New South Wales, Au...
- World's oldest restaurant - Casa Botin in Madrid, ...
- Robert The Bruce’s Cave in Kirkpatrick Fleming, Du...
- World’s oldest hotel – Hoshi Ryokan in Awazu, Japa...
- Stromatolites at Hamelin Pools in Shark Bay, Weste...
- Europe’s largest thermal lake – Heviz in Hungary
- Falconry lessons in Gloucestershire, England
- Geysir in Iceland – the world’s original thermal s...
- Sorell Hotel Rutli in Zurich, Switzerland
- World’s Greatest Pub – Delirium Café in Brussels, ...
- Crime Museum in Vienna, Austria
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Museum – Gold Coast, Q...
- ▼ October (17)