At first glance, the Sorell Hotel Rutli in Zurich, Switzerland is just an ordinary three star hotel, catering for the business traveller and doing everything precisely as standard.
That is unless you’re in one of the ‘City Rooms’, which bear all the hallmarks of a savvy marketing department latching on to a trend for art/ design hotels.
The idea was to let a couple of local graffiti artists loose on the rooms, and see what they came out with. A lot of it is reasonably standard (but stylish) tagging and motifs, but on occasions Drim and Rast have been inspired.
Counting the Sheep is devoted to the storytelling of sleep, with lambs on the wall, ‘Good Night’ sprayed opposite the bed and, er, a green goblin in a pixie hat. The odds of having sweet dreams appear to be entirely dependent on where you look…
Getting to the Sorell Hotel Rutli in Zurich, Switzerland
Using public transport: Sorell Hotel Rutli is at 43 Zahringerstrasse. It’s within walking distance of Zurich’s main train station.
More information: Sorell Hotel Rutli
- Moving site
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Dome, Japan
- The Gold Souk in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- San Marino – the oldest country in the world
- World’s biggest cave – Sarawak Chamber, Malaysia
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital, New South Wales, Au...
- World's oldest restaurant - Casa Botin in Madrid, ...
- Robert The Bruce’s Cave in Kirkpatrick Fleming, Du...
- World’s oldest hotel – Hoshi Ryokan in Awazu, Japa...
- Stromatolites at Hamelin Pools in Shark Bay, Weste...
- Europe’s largest thermal lake – Heviz in Hungary
- Falconry lessons in Gloucestershire, England
- Geysir in Iceland – the world’s original thermal s...
- Sorell Hotel Rutli in Zurich, Switzerland
- World’s Greatest Pub – Delirium Café in Brussels, ...
- Crime Museum in Vienna, Austria
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Museum – Gold Coast, Q...
- ▼ October (17)