Hiroshima in Japan - the site of the world’s first atomic bombing - isn’t exactly the first destination on a traveller’s list for a cheerful holiday. But it sure is moving.
The spot where the first atomic bomb used in warfare exploded is now known as the Hiroshima Peace Park, with the most striking sight being the Atomic Bomb Dome. This was a former exhibition hall, and it has been deliberately left as a ravaged shell to remind visitors of the destruction wreaked.
Also in the park is the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, which goes into depth about the horrors of the atomic bomb and the effect it had on the city.
- Moving site
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Dome, Japan
- The Gold Souk in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- San Marino – the oldest country in the world
- World’s biggest cave – Sarawak Chamber, Malaysia
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital, New South Wales, Au...
- World's oldest restaurant - Casa Botin in Madrid, ...
- Robert The Bruce’s Cave in Kirkpatrick Fleming, Du...
- World’s oldest hotel – Hoshi Ryokan in Awazu, Japa...
- Stromatolites at Hamelin Pools in Shark Bay, Weste...
- Europe’s largest thermal lake – Heviz in Hungary
- Falconry lessons in Gloucestershire, England
- Geysir in Iceland – the world’s original thermal s...
- Sorell Hotel Rutli in Zurich, Switzerland
- World’s Greatest Pub – Delirium Café in Brussels, ...
- Crime Museum in Vienna, Austria
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Museum – Gold Coast, Q...
- ▼ October (17)