A few days ago, I was puzzled by a friend of mine’s Facebook status update. It said “Steve would like to thank Benny from ABBA for being such a gracious host.”
I enquired, and it turns out that hairy songsmith Benny Andersson runs a stylish city hotel in Stockholm, Sweden.
Alas, for those wanting some kitsch novelty joint full of disco balls, glitter and blaring video screens of the Fab Four, there’s no real ABBA theme to it.
However, my man says the Rival Hotel is a pretty neat place. There are a few quirky little touches – like a choice of pillows and magnifying mirrors in every bathroom – that raise it above the ordinary.
And guests also get a selection of CDs to choose from. So don’t forget to say Thank You For The Music...
- Gibraltar - remnant of the British Empire
- Walk across Gibraltar Airport's runway
- London Transport Museum in Covent Garden, England
- Famagusta look-out in Deryneia, Cyprus
- Eat puffin in Reykjavik, Iceland - Laekjarbrekka r...
- Tour Chernobyl from Kiev, Ukraine
- BonBon Land theme park in Næstved, Denmark
- Eat whale burger in Reykjavik, Iceland - Geysir Bi...
- Benny from ABBA's Rival Hotel in Stockholm, Sweden...
- British Sovereign Base areas in Cyprus - Akrotiri ...
- The British Lawnmower Museum in Southport, England...
- Blue Lagoon in Iceland - Spa and Thermal Pools
- Black Taxi Tour - Falls Road and Shankhill Road in...
- International Esperanto Museum in Vienna, Austria
- ▼ July (14)